NAME – RUGABA JOHN PAUL
PROFESSION – MASTERS STUDENT IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
CATEGORY NOMINATED – YOUNG ACHIEVERS AWARD
CITY – WUHAN
COUNTRY BASE– CHINA
NATIONALITY – UGANDA
- Winner Georgetown university US-CHINA student challenge (2020) .
- Winner china daily my china story competition ( 2021)
- Winner new vision my china story essay competition (2020)
- Uganda students association in china personality of the year award (2022)
- New vision Uganda top 40 under 40 (2023) .
- General secretary (2021-22) – Uganda students association in china
- Web admin (2020-21) – Uganda students association in china
- Provincial commissioner (Henan ) – Uganda students association in china.
OTHER NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS.
- Research fellow at the development watch centre think tank – a foreign policy think tank .(2022)
- Nominated for academic excellence award (2022) – Ugandans in china.
- Media team at federation of china-Africa friendship associations. (2022).
- Creator and host of the sangyin podcast. A podcast that seeks to provide a platform to the African diaspora and beyond to share their stories and experiences to inspire a new generation. Its currently one of the largest podcasts for the African diaspora in china.
Instagram – sir_rugaba
Linkedin – John Paul Rugaba.
Rugaba john Paul is a 24 year old Ugandan male currently based in Wuhan , China where he is pursuing his masters degree in computer science at central China normal university. Previously , he graduated with a degree in software engineering at Zhengzhou university , also in China.
Mr. Rugaba is a passionate believer in effective leadership and the role , proper leadership can have to uplift communities henceforth he served as a leader in various capacities in the Uganda students association in China. His biggest achievement during this period of leadership , was being part of the leadership structure that helped students especially at the height of the pandemic in China all this despite the numerous challenges they faced.
A talented writer and blogger, he started his blog post site -rugavoice.com during the pandemic to highlight the misinformation about the virus and the situation in China from the first person perspective. Later on, he participated in the 2020 New Vision My China story essay competition, where he highlighted the covid fight in his city, Zhengzhou , and he won the competition . As the pandemic waned down, he focused his writing on social issues both local and international. Therefore , he participated in the 2020 Georgetown University Us-China Student Challenge – an initiative by the university to bring students all over the world to find solutions to the ongoing US-CHINA conflict. Despite being the only African / black on the contest, he and his team managed to win . later in 2021, he joined the development watch center think tank – a foreign policy think tank , as a research fellow. As he usually likes to highlight, the true African narrative from an African perspective in his works, a passion that ignited him to start the sangyin podcast.